Eating five meals per day, including the traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner along with two snacks will keep your energy levels stable throughout the day. In addition by eating every few hours, you should never be too hungry or too full before working out.
If you enjoy a morning session of exercise, be sure to eat before heading out to the gym. It's best to eat about 30 minutes after waking up in the morning, so just get up early enough to have a light breakfast beforehand. Keeping your body energized in advance will stave off hunger and may prevent that feeling of famine after exercise. The following foods are great examples of healthy proteins or carbs that supply vitamins and nutrients, are easily-digestible, simple-to-prepare and easy-to-eat within a short amount of time.
- Oatmeal will boost your energy level and help you have a better workout. If you love working out it's best to stop in your tracks and have a steamy bowl of oatmeal to give you the power you need to get up and get moving and keep going throughout the day.
- Fruit provides natural sugar that your body can convert to sugar and then use as fuel. The easily digestible properties of fruit allow the nutrients to be absorbed rapidly by the body and help to sustain it throughout your workout. Combined fruit with yogurt for an energy boosting snack that will keep you satisfied throughout just about any physical activity.
- Peanut Butter is rich in protein and easily digestible. Just two tablespoons can have as many as 9 grams of protein. A good choice of protein especially if you will be working out within the hour.
- Yogurt contains both protein and calcium so is an exceptionally good food to eat before your fitness workout.
- Green Tea is full of antioxidants. In addition to drinking water, green tea is effective for helping to rid your body of toxins and will keep you hydrated during your exercise program.
Eating healthy and staying fit is a smart way to having a long life and being happy while you do other activities. If you are worried about eating right, then join our gym and you'll be eating the right foods in no time. It as been proven that when people begin an exercise routine they also start to eat healthy to maximize their results. So contact us today to learn more about our fitness programs and how you can become a member.