This summer has been a major inferno for most of the country. While we regret the heat has forced many of you inside more than you like, we are glad that you turn to climate-controlled fitness activities inside the Answer Is Fitness health clubs. Don't sweat it, things will cool off soon enough, however, we know that the heat has all of us sweating at unprecedented levels. We assume most of you are soaking through every tee shirt in your wardrobe, so it gives us pause to offer some good common sense hygiene tips:
- Clean Out Your Gym Bag - When you leave gym clothes in your bag for days on end, a fermentation process begins to occur in which stink molecules multiply more rapidly. Removing stinky clothes immediately can prevent this fermentation process.
- Wash Your Clothes As Soon As Possible - There are a number of suggestions out there for cleaning your clothes but, whatever method you choose, wash your clothes as soon as possible to avoid permanent funk.
- Try Other Methods of Washing - You may have clothes that seem permanently stinky, as may be the case with sweat-wicking fabrics since they seem to hold onto odor more than cotton fabrics.
- Soak your clothes in vinegar before washing them
- Mix baking soda with your detergent
- Try a specialty detergent
When all else fails; get new clothes. You may find that some clothes get more and more smelly, no matter what you do. Use that as an excuse for a new workout wardrobe.
While sweating is great for our bodies, it provides challenges on the hygiene front. We hope these few hints help out.