DEBRA LANCI - GX Director
I began my journey as a fitness professional in 1990. At that time, I began with obtaining my AFAA Primary Certification and teaching various types of fitness classes at local health clubs. My love of fitness and my passion for teaching classes, personal training, and managing Group Fitness programs has developed over the past 27 years, earning myself a reputation as one of the elite fitness professionals in my area along with the respect of my peers.
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
- AFAA Primary Certification, 1990
- AFAA Step Certification, 1991
- AFAA Kickboxing Certification, 1992
- Mad Dogg Athletics Indoor Cycling Certification, 2001
- AFAA Master Trainer Patti Mantia, PhD.,
- Personal Training Certification, 2005
- Insanity Certification, 2014
- American Barre Technique Certification, 2019
- P90X Certification, March – 2019, (Pending)
- CPR/AED, First Aid – October, 2018
- Dean College, Associate’s Degree in Business, 2000
Through experience and continuing education, I developed a love of strength training not only because of what it does for the body but also for what it prevents from happening to your body when executed consistently and properly over time. Having seen many injuries in my own students over the years from using improper form and bad technique, I have always felt that many injuries could be avoided if people were trained properly. This, to me, meant not only physically training people, but also helping them to gain a real understanding of why it was important for them to do things a certain way. My first priority is and has always been safety, and teaching people to develop good habits and techniques to avoid injuries is paramount to me.
It is important to understand current trends as the fitness industry is constantly changing and coming up with different ways to keep people fit and interested. It’s a challenge staying current, but it is important when you want to give your clients the latest information and trends out there to keep them interested in carrying on in their fitness journeys.
Aside from my love of fitness, I love to cook (and eat!) great dinners for my husband, David, and my two beautiful boys, Stefano and Marcello.