If you were to consult a fitness coach about proper diet, you'll be surprised to know that they won't completely restrict you on consuming some really tasty food and drink. It's not necessary to deprive yourself of all things sweet. Moderation is the key to enjoy the sweet stuff without the need to feel guilty. Whipping up your own dessert is the best way to be sure you are taking just the right amount of sugar.
Shakes and smoothies are tasty treat which can actually substitute as a full meal. It is packed with nutrients, probiotics and antioxidants that can fuel your day. Here's one smoothie recipe that you may want to try to start your day.
- 1 banana
- 1 c apricot nectar, chilled
- 1 container (8 oz) low-fat peach yogurt
- 1 Tbsp frozen lemonade concentrate
- ½ c club soda, chilled
- Combine the banana, apricot nectar, yogurt, and lemonade concentrate. Process for 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the club soda and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving): 130 cals, 0.5 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 43.5 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 16 g sugars, 1.5 g fiber, 2.5 g protein