Lower back pain is a common condition. While many resort to opioid and other medications for pain relief, there is a solid movement by most to seek non-opioid alternatives. AnserIsFitness Pilates workouts are known, for some, to be an effective activity in reducing or even completely relieving back pain.
In our Pilates classes here in Foxboro, MA you can learn various positions that greatly benefit your spine. It promotes neutral spine positioning which is the ideal posture for our bodies. Pilates focuses on strengthening the core muscles and the muscles that supports the spine. When you applying these techniques in your daily activities you just might correct the underlying cause of your back pain. Medication, more often than not, simply addresses the symptoms of your back pain. and not just merely relieving the symptoms.
Here are some Pilates exercises that are effective in relieving non-specific back pains:
- Pelvic Tilt - This exercise activates the core muscles and strengthen spine's muscular support.
- Chest Lift - Another exercise that reinforces the core and abdominal muscles.
- Supine Spinal Twist - A rotation movement that stretch the back muscles while controlling this maneuver aids in strengthening the oblique muscles to further support the spine.
- Hamstring and Hip Flexor Stretch - Back pains can be correlated from a tight hamstring and hip flexors. Giving these muscles some stretch could instantly relieve tension in the back and also corrects and improves your posture overtime.
- Roll Back - Strengthens core and back muscles by performing abdominal movements.
To find out how to properly perform this exercise, join Pilates workout sessions daily. Contact Answer is Fitness to get you started.