Feast holidays, like thanksgiving, make it harder to stick with your diet. With all your favorite grub lined up at the buffet table, there's no way you can resist. This holiday just comes once a year so might as well enjoy it. There are ways to stick to your diet without missing the thanksgiving dinner.
- Fill Your Plate Wisely - Choose healthy food options such as vegetables, fruits, grains, and proteins.
- Move around - Don't sit down! Entertain your family and relatives before the Thanksgiving dinner begins.
- Serve the food - Doing the serving will delay your eating time.
- Don't let others fill your plate! - The tendency people will place a heap of food on your plate. Politely refuse and fill your plate with small servings of food.
- Eat small portions of desserts - Just take small portions to satisfy your cravings. If you can pick healthy desserts like plain fruits and skip on cakes and pies.
Finally, don't miss your daily workout regimen. This will ensure that you won't gain weight even if you spoil yourself with food for one day.