Pilates is a most efficient form of low-impact exercise. Pilates has something to offer to people of all ages. Just doing the Pilates workout few times a week is enough to create positive changes. Once the benefits of Pilates starts kicking in, many of you will be inspired to do it again. Pilates, as those who participate will attest, is oddly addictive. There are principles of Pilates that are part of what makes it unique in the fitness world:
- Centering. The focus of this exercise is the center of the body the powerhouse area between the lower ribs and pubic bone. Pilates exercises are sourced from the center.
- Concentration. If you bring full attention to the exercise, and do it with full commitment, you will get maximum value from each movement.
- Control. Every Pilates exercise is done with complete muscular control. No body part is left to its own devices. It is all a conscious movement that the mind is controlling.
- Precision. In this exercise, awareness is secured throughout each movement. There is an specific placement, alignment related to other body parts of the body.
- Breath. The lungs strongly pump the air fully in and out of the body. This exercise coordinates with the breath, and using the breath properly is an integral part of Pilate exercise.
- Flow. In a flowing manner, fluidity, grace and ease are goals applied in this exercise. The energy of this exercise connects all body parts and flows through the body in an even way.
As a result of using Pilates, one can experience balance, grace and ease. To get in shape is to take responsibility of your total health. Once your body is in good alignment, it is easier to activate the right muscles to move. Improve how you move and good health follows.
Take it from other people Pilates is a satisfying fitness regimen. It is a true multi-tasking workout for a sexier body and an alert mind. A total workout that will bring out the best in you!
To learn more tips about Pilates, contact Answer is Fitness.