Best Yoga for Body Toning
20 August 2019
If you seek a fun way to get more energy, relieve stress, and tone your body, you can’t go wrong with Yoga. It will help you get started on your journey to a leaner and toner body. Yoga will bring you into a focused presence where your purposely align your mind, body and movement to gain peak personal awareness. You will not feel like you are working out even though you actually are. When you do YOGA you are putting your body in a positions and orientations that demand a wide variety of muscle groups to engage. You are effectively lifting weight. The thing is you will increase muscle tone and definition and even muscle size. With Yoga Workout your toned muscles at the core of your body support good health.
YOGA gently brings your body through a full range of complex motions. Your tight muscles loosen without putting any extra stress on joints. Because it is a weight-bearing exercise, it will put adequate stress on your bones which in turn enhances the ability to store calcium. It is toning not only your muscles but also strengthening your bones at the same time. With regular practice of YOGA, you will notice that your body is more sculpted and muscles defined, without having to lift weights at the gym.
Check out the following three Best Yoga poses to tone your body:
- Downward Facing Dog. This will tone your legs and arms.
- From a standing position bend over, reaching your hands toward the floor. Bend your knees if you need to.
- Walk your hands forward until they are about 3 or 4 feet away from your toes.
- Push your palms, lifting your hips towards the sky. Press down your heels, keeping them as flat against the ground.
- Look towards your legs and press your chest towards your thigh, creating a nice flat back.
- High Plank to Low Plank. This will tone your back, abs, arms, shoulders and upper thighs.
- Start out in a push-up position with your arms and legs straight.
- Place your hands under your shoulders and hold this position. Breath in and out.
- Lower your chest towards the ground while keeping your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle. Squeeze them against the side of your body.
- Keep both your upper and lower body straight and use your abs to support your posture. Lower your body to the ground.
- ridge Pose. This will tone your thighs and abs
- Start out lying on your back, arms at your sides, with your palms facing down.
- Bend your knees, keeping them hips-width apart. Also, try to get your heels as close to your butt. You should be able to touch them
with your fingers.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and pull them towards your spine.
- Lift your lower back up off the floor. Push up with your thighs while pushing your feet into the floor.
- Hold for a couple of breaths and lower your body down.
For a well-toned body, you have to keep your workouts challenging. You have to make sure that your strength and flexibility increases. You will start practicing more complex and advanced asanas to keep your muscles challenged. You have to make the most of your workout by increasing the pace at each pose or hold every pose for longer and do more reps.
No matter your level of fitness, YOGA Workout in Foxboro, MA will leave your body feeling capable, powerful, and strong.
Strive for progress not perfection. Feel better. Do Yoga!.
For more tips on Yoga, contact Answer is Fitness.