Ballet dancer appear to move effortlessly across the floor. But their movements are in fact require balance, strength, and aerobic fitness. The Barre Group exercise adapts the training style of ballet dancing to form a well-balanced workout.
Barre class is a low-impact workout that impacts every muscle group and you can gain several physical benefits including:
- Strengthening of Core Muscles - It's one of the best workouts that really builds core strength and tones it so you can lose those belly fats and have a more sculpted abs. In Barre class, your core muscles are constantly engaged in every movement making it very effective in enhancing core strength and endurance.
- Improved Posture - Like ballet dancing, aiming for precision is the ultimate challenge. The workout emphasizes proper body mechanics, encouraging the participant to stand up straight and lengthen the spine without the need to prompt after a few class sessions. You will look taller, well-formed and graceful when you have a stronger back or an improved posture.
- Better Flexibility: There will be several stretching exercises that you will execute throughout the workout. This stretching will help lengthen your muscles and loosen them up.
- Low-Impact Workout: Barre Workout is generally composed of isometric movements. This means muscles are retained in a certain position to feel the burn rather than heavy-laden with more weight. It's safer to perform because it is gentler on the joints and muscles. You are less susceptible to injuries and as a matter of fact, barre classes are considered as rehabilitative workout for those athletes who sustain injuries from their sport.
- Emphasis on Body Mechanics: Barre instructor will teach you the right poses and body mechanics so you can target even the tiniest muscles in your body without overstressing it.